German Staunton Chess Set in Ebonized-Boxwood with Walnut Folding Chess Case
Quantity can be updated in cart
This chess set package includes one of our most affordable and popular chess sets matched with a beautiful walnut folding chess case! Our German Staunton chess set with its old German Knight design is one of our original chess sets and continues to be extremely popular, especially in tournament chess. As you can see from the photo, the black ebonized chess pieces contrast beautifully against the walnut and maple of the chess board. The chess case is made from solid walnut, walnut and maple veneers. It opens up to a large 17.5" chess board with 1.875" squares. The perimeter of the board has a raised frame and an attractive inlay border surrounds the outside of the case. The inside is lined with a soft gold velour material. Strong magnets keep the case closed. An unbeatable value at this price!
- Ebonized Boxwood & Boxwood
- Pieces individually hand polished with solid lacquer and buffing wheel
- King Height: 3.25"
- King Base: 1.25"
- King Weight: 2 oz.
- Chess Set Weight: 32 oz.
- 2 spare queens are included for pawn promotion
- Green Billiard Cloth Pads
Folding Chess & Case
- Solid Walnut, Walnut & Maple Veneers
- Elegant inlay border around perimeter of case.
- Finish: Satin Polyurethane (soft sheen)
- Square Size: 1.875"
- Closed Dimensions:17.5" x 8.75" x 3"
- Open Dimensions: 17.5" x 17.5" x 1.5"
- Interior is lined with a gold color velvet material
Larger orders may incur additional shipping charges.